Monday, August 2, 2010

My Teapot Mitten


This didn't quite turn out to be such a mindless knitting pattern after all!  I really had to pay attention as the pattern calls for you to increase stitches for the spout gusset whilst creating an opening for the handle AND tab for the buttons.  Therefore, I only worked on it in the quietest of moments here and there.  The buttons were recently cut off of a shirt I discovered in the ironing hamper.  A little white blouse which belonged to The Heiress...when she was around eight years old!  The pewter flowers truly make this teapot perfectly turned out for a garden party.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I bet you will enjoy drinking out of that - and the buttons are a gorgeous touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your teapot cozy; the colour is very cheerful. You should have a tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! I have one like this, in green, for a mug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! One day Darlene I will come and hang out with you and you can teach me to knit as beautifully as you can!

    That's hilarious about the shirt you found in the hamper - my mum is always turning up little treasures from the past that have been trapped in the bottom of the washing basket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. verity, Thank you! I'm going to admire it for a few more days before risking the obligatory dribble of tea from the spout.

    StuckInABook, Oooh, that's a great idea...and it just so happens that I have some wool left over!

    booksnob, Hee...I can be your knit guru! And I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who waits ages to deal with articles of laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not at all surprised that that was more difficult than expected. Talk about a tea cozy--with a knitted cover your tea will be very cozy indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete