Thursday, March 19, 2009

Retro Rib

My sock-in-progress is called Retro Rib and my third sock using Louet Gems wool. It's so soft and lovely to work with. The wool used in the pattern is a little thicker so I'm achieving a more feminine look with the super fine weight. This simple design is all knit and purl stitches and is quite dense so at first I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere. Then this lovely pattern emerged and the effect is so pretty that it keeps me going. The fern green colour is also an appropriate choice for Spring!

3 comments:

  1. I love the pattern! And how handy the book is spiral bound so it lies flat. I've broken the spine on the Debbie Bliss book I'm using for my blanket :( K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina, It is lovely but makes a squeaky noise when you turn the pages, a little like fingernails on a chalkboard - yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who would have thought socks could be so creatively done! Someday I'll learn to knit, but I bet those heels are a challenge.

    ReplyDelete