Monday, March 16, 2009

Snack Food

One of my favourite snacks is toasted spiced almonds. I used to eat them plain but once I tried them this way there's been no going back. Spread 2 cups of unblanched almonds on an ungreased baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and toss to coat. Bake at 350 F - 5 min. Sprinkle with a mixture of 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp curry powder, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp cayenne and 1/4 tsp salt. Toss and toast another 5 min. They're so delicious and healthy for you too! Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I love almonds already, but what a great idea to liven them up! K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene... I love your pictures. They are so well done, and really capture the mood in your Blog entries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds yummy. I found a canister of them in the store (they come in a plastic bottle the same as dry coffee creamer) flavored french vanilla, or cinnamon. I like them both, but haven't had the courage to buy a whole bottle of them flavored sea salt!

    ReplyDelete