Monday, May 18, 2009

London was Lovely

Wouldn't it be lovely to start every day with a pot of tea, loose-leaf of course, and a delicious scone from Patisserie-Valerie. On this particular day I was early for opening time at the V&A and thought what better way to pass the time. Only an hour before, I had eaten a proper Full English Breakfast but let's not dwell on that. The room was cozy and warm on a damp, grey morning and I had a window seat looking onto the mews that ran behind the cafe. My trip to London was absolutely brilliant, a dream come true. I have stories and pictures to share in the next few days but for now there's laundry, unpacking and sharing stories with R. Deacon isn't letting me very far from his sight either. To be continued...

7 comments:

  1. Welcome home!! I thought of you often last week...imagining how you might be passing the time in London. I'll look forward to the stories and pictures, but I'm sure R and Deacon are both starved for attention now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very civilized. Nothing like a cup of tea and a sit down :) K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoAnn, it is just after 4 am and I am wide awake, ready to start the day. My shift at the library this morning should be interesting, I'll be ready for dinner instead of morning tea!

    Kristina, the scones were so delicious, I'm craving them already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you made it home safe and sound. Missed your blogs and your company at work. Looking forward to your charming English stories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear more. So glad you had a wonderful time and your trip was safe. Enjoy your time with your family...I can just picture all that doggy happiness once you got home:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing photos and am looking forward to more! Didn't that time fly by!! And isn't that a sweet little jar of jam! :)

    ReplyDelete