Monday, December 22, 2008

Cranberry Sauce

Every Christmas and Thanksgiving I open a can of Ocean Spray cranberry sauce and listen for that unmistakable sound as it slides out. You see, I am the only one that likes cranberry sauce in our house. Thinking about it, I am the only one that likes a lot of things in our house! I digress. This year I was inspired by K from Jolly Hockey Sticks! to try and make a batch of homemade conserve. The recipe comes from The Barefoot Contessa's Parties book and it was so simple! Had I known, I would have been spared "the jelly" years ago. R walked past the kitchen, pointed at the pot and asked "Do you use cranberry sauce to make that?" "It IS cranberry sauce, this is what it's supposed to look like" I replied. Thank you Barefoot Contessa!

2 comments:

  1. I hope it tasted as good as I imagined when you described the recipe to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, Even better!

    ReplyDelete