Friday, December 19, 2008

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

This is the view outside my front door two hours after the snow started this morning. It's supposed to keep up all day, my back is sore already just thinking about the shovelling ahead. It's not all bad news though, days like this are terrific for lots of things! All day fires, in the fireplace of course, baking, knitting, movies in the afternoon and chatting with neighbours. R went off to work this morning and by 9:30 am was promptly sent home by the powers that be. It's a good thing too, now I have a shovelling partner!

3 comments:

  1. Love, love the picture. I promptly went out for a walk in the snow this morning, fighting the blustery wind and deep snow. Not complaining however.

    So, what kind of baking do we have in store today missy?! Oh, and so glad hubby is home safe & sound. W had to take M to the dr. and was not a pretty drive through town but they made it home and are all staying put.

    Off to update my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, I made R some of those yummy Oatmeal Everything cookies while he was out shovelling ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It's been a very long time since I've seen so much snow. How fantastic! Although I don't envy the shoveling. Oatmeal cookie baking is definitely much more my forte :) K x

    ReplyDelete