Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bookmarks

Working in a library like I do, you have access to bookmarks that have been left behind. If they are not claimed then after awhile they become fair game. It seems like a lot of people go to England, buy bookmarks and then proceed to lose them. Sometimes I will theme my bookmarks to the book that I am reading. My lovely red Chatsworth bookmark (another English destination souvenir left behind) holds my place in The Mitfords because of the link to a Mitford sister, Deborah, The Duchess of Devonshire.
This one is my absolute favourite and has been holding my place in books for years. I wonder if the person that lost it was bothered at all, I know I would be.

5 comments:

  1. I love bookmarks and often try to match them to the book, too! It's nice to know someone else does this...and I still have all the bookmarks bought on last summer's trip to England ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super idea to match the theme of the bookmark to the book. I usually try to match the color or design to the cover. Is this more superficial? And then sometimes I resort to an old ticket stub! K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoAnn, Hooray for theme bookmarks! There are two more English souvenir bookmarks in the lost and found, very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristina, I'm not surprised that you try to match by design because I think you have a great eye for that. Ticket stubs are fantastic, especially if you forget about them. I found a stub for a play in the family Bible from 1904, I may be off by a year or two in the remembering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautifully charming display of bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete