Monday, January 5, 2009

Post Holiday

Yesterday R and I packed up the car, it was no easy feat, and drove The Heiress back to school. She had to pack all of the things she had brought, a ridiculous amount, then the presents she got for Christmas and enough groceries to feed a small village. Note to self: never send R to buy groceries for The Heiress again! Deacon came along with us so I packed enough kibble and water just in case we got lost and ended up on a back road for several weeks and made headline news. The weather report had announced a freezing rain warning for the Kitchener/Waterloo area so timing was everything. After stopping at a Tim Horton's for hot drinks we were on our way! We drove for about 20 minutes when suddenly from the back seat my feminine offspring shouts out a swear word that begins with the sixth letter of the alphabet! Had she witnessed a horrific scene, was Deacon choking on dry kibble, had she realized her wallet was missing! No - she had forgotten a Tupperware of leftovers from our roast beef dinner the night before. Now this is a girl who throws a jar of peanut butter and a bag of pita's into her backpack and calls it lunch so I guess it was a big deal to her. You guessed it, R turns the van around and back we go for the victuals, I would've kept going. Naturally I had to make some comments about deja vu once we were back on the road again. We beat the freezing rain - just. I'm hoping that The Heiress learns some new words in her Shakespeare class this next term.

1 comment:

  1. I just started reading your blog. I really like all the photos you postput and your descriptions of your interactions with your daughter. It reminds me of the time when I was in college and used to go home on weekends.

    ReplyDelete