Thursday, January 29, 2009

Stew Day

Yesterday was a Snow Day which meant Stew Day! It's so nice to have something simmering on the stove or baking in the oven whilst the snow is blowing around outside. My shift at the library was in the evening and I just knew they would close early due to weather. I thought of the cozy evening ahead with some warm stew, delicious bread, cups of tea. For the cherry on top, Dickens 'Little Dorrit' was airing on the telly. Oh joy and bliss! When 4 pm came and went with no phone call about a library closure my dream quickly came to an end. R had walked in from work so I yelled "Dish up some dinner while I change". I performed a 5 minute makeover like the magazines say you can and at 4:30 was out the door. I found out that the library one city over from us had closed at lunch. I hope one of their employees had my perfect Snow Day, Stew Day.

3 comments:

  1. Too bad your snow day didn't materialise...we had one here. I made a herbed chicken noodle soup in the crockpot and caught up on
    a big pile of New Yorkers. It's still snowing today, but it's lake effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoAnn, you lucky girl, what bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear your library didn't close--that's always so disappointing. We've had some bad days and one occurred when the students were taking their finals so we just had to grin and bear and drag ourselves in! I'll be happy when Spring shows some signs of arriving.

    ReplyDelete